Ave Maria Academy
134 Fort Couch Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15241
Lynne Lynch, firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID-19 Spectator Policy
Rich Unger, 412-443-5601 (c), email@example.com
Ave Maria Academy uses the gym at the Ave Maria Academy Bethel Park campus (formally St. Thomas More) and the gym at Our Lady of Grace school. We have the same policies related to COVID restrictions at both gyms:
- Coaches, players, and spectators must properly wear masks at all times - no exceptions. If anyone removes their mask during the game the building manager will stop the game until everyone is wearing masks again. Anyone repeatedly removing their mask must leave the gym.
- Related to masks, currently the CDC does not recommend using face shields as a substitute for masks or the use of masks with exhalation valves or vents. Also, when wearing a gaiter, use one with two layers or fold it to make two layers.
- Both teams may have three (3) spectators total per player (i.e., one parent or one sibling). Gym capacity is 90 people.
- Teams should wait in the parking lot until 15 minutes before their game time to enter the gym lobby. Please do not overcrowd the gym lobby - wait outside if necessary.
- We are not using the gym locker rooms.
- At Bethel campus gym use the restrooms in the lobby. At the OLG campus use the restrooms in the hallway next to the lobby.
- Teams say the pre-game prayer on separate halves of the court and no mingling or hand slaps after the game.
- Teams and spectators enter the gyms through the gym lobby entrances and exit through the marked exit doors that lead directly outside.
- Teams should bring all their gear into the gyms and leave nothing in the gym lobby.
- Please do not linger in the gyms after games if there are teams waiting. We cannot let them in until you exit.
- We will take temperatures and record attendance for all people entering the gyms. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher will not be able to enter.
- We will not have concessions except for a limited supply of cold drinks (water, Gatorade) for the players to buy. Please make sure your players have their own water and any extra items they may need.
- Admission charge for spectators: $1 for children, $4 for adults.
- We are not currently live streaming games at either gym.
We will post this policy on the Ave Maria Academy Athletic Association web site (https://www.avemariaaa.org
) and update it when necessary (updated 3/3/2021).