Junior Roundball Classic
Coaches, Parents and Players - There will be an 8th Junior Roundball Classic
this year for boys in the 8th grade. We are also adding a new
Roundball Classic for boys in the 6th grade. In the coming week we will post tryout dates and times and locations, as well as information on how to register to tryout. The tryouts will be some time during the week of March 22. There is no fee to tryout nor is there a fee in the event a player makes one of the Regional Teams. We will use this same format of games in the coming years. If you have questions contact Coach Mark Walsh, Junior Roundball Classic Director (email@example.com
Coaches - You must complete all Section games by Friday, March 5 (this does not apply the the Central A section). Also, the latest information on the Varsity Class A and Varsity Class B playoffs is here.|
Schedule Change Procedure - Boys Diocesan League (Section Games)
- Both teams must agree to all schedule changes.
- The Home Team is responsible for directly notifying the Assigning Official, Tim Bielewicz (412-628-4555, firstname.lastname@example.org), of any schedule change. Tim prefers phone calls. Provide as much notice as possible and make sure you get confirmation of the change from Tim. (Do not rely on email or leaving voicemail messages, unless you receive a response from Tim). The Home Team is responsible and must pay the scheduled officials who show up even if the game is not played.
- The Home Team must notify the Section Rep. of all schedule changes, including dates and times for make-up games.
- Tim Bielewicz must assign the officials for all Diocesan League Section games. Home Teams may assign officials for non-section games or scrimmages.
- Section Reps are not required to schedule non-section games.
Today's League Games - Tuesday, March 02, 2021
A start time of TBD (to be determined) means the start time is unknown - contact the home team for the correct time.
Announcements (click header to open and close) (see all)
Archangel Gabriel will be holding their annual ‘Preview’ Boys and Girls Basketball Tournaments again this year. The approximate dates (dependent upon playoffs and availability) are as follows: Varsity and JV Girls Tournaments - March 22 through March 31; Varsity and JV Boys Tournaments - Aril 1 through April 11; There will be brackets for both the Varsity and JV levels. The 7th-grade Tournament is open to teams comprised of current 7th-grade players (6th graders are permitted if a team needs players to field a roster). The 5th-grade Tournament is open to teams comprised of current 5th graders (4th graders are permitted if a team needs players to field a roster). All teams are guaranteed at least two games. The cost of the tournament is $175 per team ($150 per team for multiple teams entered). Team prizes will be given to the champions. We will be accepting the first 6 teams in each bracket to register and pay the fee for each tournament. See the attached flyer - Flyer|